Airbnb has become one of the most popular ways for travellers to find accommodations for their trips. As an Airbnb host, you want your guests to have a pleasant and comfortable stay in your home. One crucial aspect of ensuring your guests are happy is by maintaining a clean and tidy space. This is where hiring an Airbnb cleaning service comes in.
In this blog post, we’ll go over the importance of hiring a cleaning service for your Airbnb, an Airbnb cleaning checklist, cleaning expectations for 5-star reviews, Airbnb cleaning fees, and sharing your Airbnb calendar with your cleaner.
Why Hiring a Cleaning Service for Your Airbnb is Important
- Saves You Time: One of the most significant benefits of hiring a cleaning service for your Airbnb is that it saves you time. As a host, you have many responsibilities, and cleaning your Airbnb between guests can take up a lot of your time. By hiring a cleaning service, you can focus on other essential aspects of your hosting duties.
- Thorough Cleans: Cleaning services are professionals in their field, and they have the knowledge and tools to clean your space thoroughly. They will clean areas that you may not think to clean, ensuring that your guests have a clean and healthy space to stay in.
- Higher Turnover (more guests/more money): When your Airbnb is clean and tidy, guests are more likely to leave positive reviews and recommend your space to others. Positive reviews and word-of-mouth recommendations can lead to higher occupancy rates, which can mean more money in your pocket.
An Airbnb Cleaning Checklist
If you decide to clean your Airbnb yourself or hire a cleaning service, you'll need to have a checklist to ensure that everything is cleaned thoroughly. Here's an Airbnb cleaning checklist to help you get started:
- Linens: Clean all linens, including sheets, pillowcases, and towels. Make sure to use high-quality detergent and bleach to remove any stains or odours.
- Dust all Surfaces: Dust all surfaces, including furniture, blinds, and windowsills. Don't forget to dust any decorative items or artwork in your space.
- Sweep, Vacuum, & Mop: Sweep or vacuum all floors and carpets, and then mop them with a suitable cleaning solution. Pay special attention to high-traffic areas, such as entryways and hallways.
- Tidy/Walk-Through: Tidy up the space, including making the beds, putting away any clutter, and ensuring that all amenities are stocked. Do a walkthrough of the space to ensure that nothing is missed.
Airbnb Cleaning Expectations for 5-Star Reviews
To ensure that your Airbnb receives 5-star reviews, you'll need to go above and beyond in your cleaning efforts. Here are some cleaning expectations to keep in mind:
- Deep cleans: Between guests, your Airbnb will need a deep clean. This includes cleaning the refrigerator, oven, and other appliances. Clean the bathroom and kitchen thoroughly and replace any toiletries that have been used.
- Inventory: Check your inventory, including towels, sheets, and other amenities, to make sure everything is fully stocked.
- Report maintenance issues: During your cleaning, inspect the space for any maintenance issues that need to be addressed, such as a leaky faucet or a burnt-out light bulb. Report these issues to the property owner immediately.
Airbnb Cleaning Fees
When setting your Airbnb cleaning fee, consider the size of your space, the amount of cleaning that needs to be done, and the frequency of cleanings. The cleaning fee should be included in the total cost of the Airbnb booking. You can charge a flat rate or a percentage of the total booking price. On average, Airbnb cleaning fees range from $90 to $250 per booking.
Why Sharing Your Airbnb Calendar with the cleaners is Important
Sharing your Airbnb calendar with your cleaner is important for several reasons. First and foremost, it ensures that your cleaner knows exactly when guests are arriving and departing. This allows them to schedule their cleaning services around your guests' schedules, ensuring that your property is always clean and ready for the next guest. It also helps to prevent any confusion or misunderstandings between you and your cleaner, as everyone is on the same page when it comes to scheduling.
Another reason why sharing your Airbnb calendar is important is that it allows your cleaner to plan ahead. If they know when your guests are coming and going, they can schedule their services in advance and ensure that they have everything they need to do a thorough job. This includes scheduling enough time for cleaning, ordering any necessary supplies, and coordinating with any other vendors you may be working with (such as a property manager or handyman).